The Benefits of Coconut Oil for Baby's Skin
Massaging a baby with the right massage oil has a lot of benefits, no doubt. However, choosing the right massage oil for your baby can be a daunting task. Besides almond and sesame oil, coconut oil is widely used and passed down for generations, especially in Indian households.
So, what are those unheard benefits of coconut oil that make it one of the best choices for baby massage? Let's check out this article.
5 Benefits of Coconut Oil for Baby Massage
No matter the age, the human body needs oil, and that's a fact. Our body produces natural oil, known as sebum, to protect the skin and maintain softness & hydration. Read on about the hidden benefits of massaging the baby with coconut oil.
1. Highly Effective Natural Moisturizer – Medium chain fatty acids, also known as good fats, are the main component of coconut oil. These fats restore the skin's barrier and maintain its softness and smoothness. It can easily and deeply penetrate skin pores to draw in moisture while still feeling light on the skin.
2. Great Cleanser – Did you know that oils make excellent mild cleaners? According to a scientific theory, coconut oil attracts oil-based pollutants to pores where it softens keratin caps and hardened sebum, bringing the dirt to the skin's surface where it can be washed away. It keeps skin hydrated while cleansing, unlike harsh soaps, making it an excellent way to keep your infant clean, especially during the dry winter.
3. Protect & Fortifies Baby's Skin – Coconut oil's antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties make it an effective weapon against dangerous microorganisms that could harm the skin. To avoid unwelcome microorganisms and irritating rashes, coconut massage oil is routinely applied to the diaper area. It shares breast milk's ability to combat infections. Medium chain fatty acids, such as lauric acid, are responsible for the super-infection-fighting abilities of breast milk. Only coconut oil, which makes up over 50% of the pure oil, is another natural source with such high levels of lauric acid.
4. Prevent Eczema – Baby's skin can become itchy & dry, which irritates the baby, marked by redness and scaly patches. A gentle massage with coconut oil may effectively reduce the symptoms of eczema by soothing the skin, reducing the risk of infection, and even easing irritation. However, it's crucial to use only natural & virgin coconut oil that is free from chemicals.
5. Prevent Diaper Rash – In most babies, diaper rash is a common problem due to filth & moisture inside the diaper. You can prevent the baby rash by gently massaging the diaper area with coconut oil.
Time to Massage Your Baby With Natural Coconut Oil
Now, as you know the benefits of coconut oil for a baby massage, you must choose the natural oil. You can use our Little Rituals' natural coconut oil for your baby, and our cold-pressed natural oil is free from chemicals and has plant actives that make it safe for babies.